Safe drinking bottle for outdoor adventures
I purchased the Eco Kids drinking bottle for my two children and I am pleased with the functionality and value of the product. I have been shopping for safe drinking bottles for some time and found these a few weeks ago.
Several attributes I was looking for included:
1) Small and easy to manage, especially for my two-year-old.
2) Easy to open and close
3) Damage resistant
4) Environmentally friendly
5) Kid safe
With the Eco Kids line, manufactured by Crocodile Creek of Durham, North Carolina, I got all of that and more. The insert describes their drinking bottles to be earth friendly and kid friendly. I agree and also add that they are mom friendly.
Earth friendly because they are (according to the company):
3) a great alternative to plastic
4) don’t require a protective (plastic) lining or epoxy (as does aluminum)
Kid friendly because they:
1) come in neat designs
2) are easy to manage
3) easy to open and close
4) According to the company, they do not leach chemicals and
5) contain no lead, phthalates, or BPA’s and
6) conform to or exceed U.S. and European safety standards and are tested in CPSC approved laboratories
Mom friendly attributes:
1) Don’t easily leak
2) Extremely damage resistant
3) Easy to clean
4) Opening is wide enough to fit ice cubes
5) Can handle most liquids
6) Safe for kids
7) Small and easy to store and carry along.
I paid $14.oo for each water bottle, which I thought was a little pricey. However, I think they are well worth the price and wish I could by an adult version myself.
For more information about the product or to purchase, go to http://crocodilecreek.com/. You can buy directly from the site (less expensive) or contact them directly to find a retailer. You can also purchase them on Amazon.com, but design choices are limited.
Stayed tuned next week for tips for hiking with kids and involving them nature photography. As the 30-Day Outdoor Challenge comes to a close, I hope you all get outside this weekend and enjoy some great nature-related activities.